The Bricktosser

A place for me to rant, ramble and rave about all things comics related.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Friday, February 10, 2006

Comics Reader Identity Crisis

or, What Sort of Fan am I, Anyway?

I've been reading comics blogs for a few months, and something struck me: I'm schizophrenic.

Seems like most blogs are either superhero blogs, or not. And those that are seem to be pretty divided between DC fan sites and Marvel fan sites-- although there are plenty enough that are both.

I like it all. I read more superhero comics than anything else, but then again, there are more superhero comics than anything else. I even like comic strips and panel cartoons, although I tend to find those decades after they are created. See the site mascot and title for a prime example.

One thing I miss is a steady diet of recommendations of non-superhero comics to read, even better if they're non-genre altogether. If you have some, send them my way.
If there was a survey of comics fans, I'd check "all of the above."

What kind of comics fan are you?

3 Comments:

Blogger Frosty Snowbro said...

Funny you should mention that, bro. You must have been talking to Cole. Head over to my website to find out what kind of reader I am.

1:59 AM  
Blogger melvin p. mouse said...

i'd check all of the above as well. But I know what you mean. How can one be both a fan of John Porcellino and a faithful Superman fan?

12:47 PM  
Blogger Ken S. said...

Now I have to go see who John Porcellino is...

Oh right. Never got into King-Cat. Any place I should start?

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home